Skunked at the Tribeca Film Festival

For Mother's Day, I took my wife and sons, along with some friends, to the Tribeca Film Festival in Manhattan yesterday.

This was my first time at the film festival (in fact, it was my first film festival ever) and I wasn't sure where it was or what to expect.

With the help of the internet, I was able to get program info as well as a subway map showing the route from Penn Station down to the festival locations.

The festival was centered around a UA Theater near the World Trade Center site. Lots of folks were there, waiting on long lines to see the films. My younger son and I wanted to see the samurai film Zatoichi but it was already sold out. So we waited on another line for Crazy Legs only to find out that it too was sold out.

On the positive side, the weather was great so we ended up walking around lower NYC and found an Irish pub called Biddy Early where we stopped for dinner. The Guinness was tasty. After that we walked to Chinatown for shopping, then across Canal Street to Little Italy for dessert.

The lesson I learned about the Tribeca Film Festival: get your tickets in advance.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Skills vs Hard Skills?

Does This Make Any Sense to You?

The Way to Build a Better Company