Ireland Was Atlantis?

When I travelled to Ireland for the first time last August, I was entranced by the place. Here's something to put a whole new light on the Emerald Isle.

I just read a small book (you can read it in one sitting) called "Atlantis From a Geographer's Perspective: Mapping the Fairy Land," by Swedish geographer Ulf Erlingsson. In this provocative essay, Erlingsson presents and supports the theory that the Atlantis legend in Plato refers to ancient Ireland!

While some critics of the book have called it "far-fetched," I found it fascinating.

I can't wait to travel to Ireland again to visit some of the sites Erlingsson writes about such as Turoe, Newgrange, Knowth and Tara.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Skills vs Hard Skills?

Does This Make Any Sense to You?

Customer Service with HEART