What is Your Expertise?

In the reorganization shuffle since the acquisition, I have ended up in a new and unfamiliar role, that being safety guy, attached to operations. Great place to be, right?

If you are a safety engineer, yes. If you are an OD guy, maybe.

While I am bringing my internal consulting skill-set to the role, especially managing client relationships, critical thinking, team building, process improvement, coaching, communicating, workplace learning, and managing change, there is more that the client organization needs that I do not have. Namely, a deep knowledge of a broad range of industry-specific technical and regulatory topics.

A colleague of mine kiddingly poked fun at me the other day, "So, what is your expertise anyway?"

I said, "When you figure it out, let me know, okay?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Skills vs Hard Skills?

Does This Make Any Sense to You?

The Way to Build a Better Company