The Nine Steps to Successful Organization Development - Step 9

I knew when I started this nine-part series that the number 9 was an artificial thing. Truth is, success in OD probably entails 99 steps or 999 steps.

What matters most, I think, is to keep moving. The journey to being a successful OD practitioner is never-ending.

And the most important tool for the journey is learning.

Step 9 - Here We Are. Now What?

I am learning all the time:

- from my experiences
- from the people I meet, at work, at home, and elsewhere
- from reading
- from coursework
- from networking
- from online communities

Plus, I am learning from my experiments, from the risks I take, from the things I push myself to do that take me out of my comfort zone.

An example would be online tools for collaboration. I am not a technogeek. I can turn on my PC, use Outlook and Powerpoint, and do a search on Google, but that's about it for my level of proficiency. But despite my level of IT literacy, I have plunged into the world of netmeeting, social networks, discussion boards, blogging, and wikis. By shoving myself into this arena, not only have I learned something new, I have a better idea of how these tools can benefit the organizational clients I work with.

The successful OD practitioner is all about learning: their own learning, and the organizational learning that is vital to the health and success of their clients.

Where to from here?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Skills vs Hard Skills?

Does This Make Any Sense to You?

The Way to Build a Better Company