What the 4th of July Means to Me

This July 4th holiday weekend was lovely. With my wife and two sons, we saw some good fireworks last night in Piscataway. Before that, we celebrated my baby brother's 41st birthday.

Also, earlier in the weekend, we went down to the Jersey Shore to visit some dear friends. We made pasta dinner together and quaffed some wine. We sat on their deck, enjoying their garden, watching the birds landing on their bird-feeders and the flock of mallards landing on their back lawn. It was a lovely.

At such times, I realize how fortunate I am. My list of blessings is a long one indeed. And on that list are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

What is July 4th about for me? When our Founding Fathers chose to break with the King, they gave us a model to follow. A model of self-determination.

My mom, who passed away in 1981, always used to say, "Life is what you make it." The grandchild of Russian Jewish immigrants, she was an all-American woman.

Peace and blessings to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Skills vs Hard Skills?

Does This Make Any Sense to You?

Customer Service with HEART