Job Search Update

As of today, my job search is officially one month old. The question everyone is asking me is: How is it going?

First, some metrics. With three interviews in process, and my resume submitted to several more potential employers, I'd say it's going well.

I am networking like crazy, reaching out to friends, business associates, former colleagues, and strangers. I am using the outplacement service for help sharpening my resume. I am using new online networking tools like LinkedIn.

With extra time available, I am doing things I did not have room for in my schedule such as exercising and getting a full physical exam.

Perhaps most important of all, I am staying upbeat. Attitude is everything. And I learned that a job hunter, like a salesperson, has to be positive.

What helps me maintain an optimistic outlook? First, because I am a veteran job hunter, I know how to do it. And I know I will land at some point.

Second, I know who I am and what I have to offer. I know I am good at what I do and, despite being "handed my hat" by my former employer, I still have all my skills. I am still intact.

Third, I have a great support system, starting with my wife and sons, who are behind me, rooting for me every day. Beyond that inner circle, there is a wide circle of friends and associates who have stepped up to offer their help and support.

Fourth, I believe in a job hunting principle that says, When you give, you will receive. So whenever I can give another job hunter a helping hand, I do so freely, trusting that each helpful deed, no matter how small, is a deposit in an account that will grow and pay dividends sometime in the future.

Last, I have my faith which says that I am not walking alone.

Comments

Anonymous said…
com job search

Here's some useful info on com job search
which you might be looking for. The url is: http://www.jaldisearch.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Skills vs Hard Skills?

Does This Make Any Sense to You?

The Way to Build a Better Company