Getting Started in the New Year

Happy New Year! Though I have a head cold and a sore throat, I am feeling motivated by the dawning of a new year, 2006.

Helping with my motivation is world-class networker Vincent Wright, moderator of My Job Tiger, who has shared some acronyms to stimulate the job hunters out there.

As a fan of, and dabbler with, acronyms myself, I am impressed by his. Bravo!

Here is a favorite of mine, called ACTION. (Note: Though I have added some little twists, ACTION was originally created and developed by consultant and trainer Richard DeFiore of Interpersonal Technology Group.)

A.C.T.I.O.N. =
- Act with an Ambitious Attitude
- Close to Customer / Creative
- Trusting in Teamwork
- Individual Initiative / Innovative
- Open and honest, direct and constructive Communication
- Never-ending Improvement

Posted by Terrence Seamon, 1/2/2006

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Skills vs Hard Skills?

Does This Make Any Sense to You?

Customer Service with HEART