Deconstructing Here We Are. Now What?

Blogger Starbucker (aka Terry St. Marie) asked me how I came up with the title of my blog.

My blog name (Here We Are. Now What?) came to me (meaning, it just popped into my head) one day when I was tinkering with my previous blog.

Sometimes I get ideas that way. Do you? I wonder where ideas come from? Do they come from somewhere within the Self? Do they sometimes come from outside the Self? If they do, where do they originate?

It may seem strange to ask such questions. I'm a spiritual seeker sort of person. I believe in a Higher Power (a creator), a higher purpose (stewardship), and a calling (what I am called to do).

As for what it means:

- "Here We Are" says that each person finds himself or herself situated somewhere on this Earth, and

- "Now What" says that it is up to each person to decode life's meaning and decide what we are going to do here on Earth to make this world a better place.

My mother used to say, "Life is what you make it."

I am trying my best to follow her wisdom day in and day out.


Posted by Terrence Seamon, 05/01/06

Comments

Astha said…
I read this post a couple of days ago-but I had to come back and comment.

Because the term 'Here We Are. Now What?' keeps coming back to me! Like yesterday when I was in the middle of a team discussion which wasn't going anywhere. Everyone had reached a point where they were talking at cross purposes to one another.

I thought it- and then said it aloud. It appeared to be an out of context statement at first, but it hit the mark. Jostling people into a sense of agency.
Terrence said…
"Jostling people into a sense of agency."

I love it!

Terry

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Skills vs Hard Skills?

Does This Make Any Sense to You?

The Way to Build a Better Company