What Keeps You Up At Night?

A handy needs assessment tool I learned years ago is to ask a client: "What keeps you up at night?" In other words, What concerns are on your mind?

A CEO I worked for used to use this as a way to start off his executive retreats. The company was growing rapidly and the two areas that "kept him up at night" were People and Systems.

I received an e-mail yeaterday from HR.com about an upcoming conference where the focus will be the "Top 5 Things that Keep HR Up at Night." They are:

1. How do I get a seat at the executive table?
2. How can I take advantage of technology to get more efficient, effective and innovative?
3. What can I do to take a dysfunctional team from unproductive to extraordinary?
4. How can I make employees excited to come to work?
5. How can I bring humanity back into HR and the rest of my organization?


Not a bad agenda.

Posted by Terrence Seamon, 08/10/06

Comments

Astha said…
I think we need to have those 5 questions up on the walls of every HR department. This goes in my notebook.

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Skills vs Hard Skills?

Does This Make Any Sense to You?

Customer Service with HEART