Results Only Work Environments

What would a "results only work environment" (aka ROWE) look like?

Best Buy is trying to find out, at their corporate hq. Check it out. Is this really a "radical experiment to reshape the corporate workplace?"

From what I have read, it sounds like it just may be. Instead of an organization of miserable boss-dodging cubicle dwellers watching the clock until their shift is over, ROWE employees are able to determine how, when, and where they will get their work done.

Sign me up!

Addendum: Looks like Max is excited by this too.

Posted by Terrence Seamon, 10/13/06

Comments

Astha said…
Just reading it got me enthused! I've heard of other companies doing this in a piecemeal manner. But Best Buy seems to have taken this all the way.
This ought to create a buzz- and maybe more companies will follow suit.
Max Leibman said…
Oh, what a jerk I am!

I find this great story via your blog, mention you found the story first, and you even link back to me--yet somehow, I had forgotten to actually link to your blog or this post! D'oh!

(Fixed now.)
Terrence said…
Hey Max,
Don't be too hard on yourself. I'll bet that I get this "blog etiquette" wrong most of the time.

Cheers!
Terry

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Skills vs Hard Skills?

Does This Make Any Sense to You?

The Way to Build a Better Company