Enter the Connectors!

Gautam Ghosh has coined a new term, talentosphere, and says that one of his predictions for 2007 is the rise of the connectors: bloggers (and presumbly others outside the blogosphere) who are good at some things (identified by Gladwell in The Tipping Point), including:

- knowing lots of people, having a wide social circle

- having a knack of making friends

- being the hub of a social network

Recently, several people told me that I am a connector. I find it a bit surprising because I don't think of myself that way. My wife, on the other hand, is a big time connector, and always has been so.

Still, I am amazed that some people (including recruiters) have called me one. Perhaps it is because of all the networking and blogging I have been doing so relentlessly in the past year.

Added Note 12/23: Came across this blog entry from a Venture Capitalist on the value of being a connector.

Posted by Terrence Seamon, 12/22/06

Comments

Phil Gerbyshak said…
Congrats Terry. I would call you a connector too! Make sure to set some connections goals for 2007 though. It's important to be intentional about things, or the big rocks will fall off your plate and into the valley.
Terrence said…
I will, Phil.

In fact, I am now reading one of my Christmas presents on this very topic, the book Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi and Tahl Raz.

http://nevereatalone.typepad.com/

Regards,
Terry

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Skills vs Hard Skills?

Does This Make Any Sense to You?

The Way to Build a Better Company