All Choked Up

Last night, I read Regina's farewell post, saying that she will be signing off for awhile. I was saddened.

But she goes on to say "I am going to resurrect HR's Brand New Experience via www.theseventhsuite.com in the spring after my journey to India. "

So she will be back. I'm happy about that.

Today I'm sitting here wondering why I should even care what another blogger does or doesn't do? Regina and I have never met; we are certainly not old friends. So why the emotions when I read her news?

In her second paragraph, Regina says the following:

It feels weird that I will going "blogless" for a few months. Yea, it has become an identity for me - I am blogger! It's given me the chance to think, to write, to formulate ideas, to communicate with smart, smart people who I have come to trust and depend on in my network - Dubs, Gautam, Astha, Terrence, Shannon, Bruce, Max, Lisa, Anita, Diane, Dennis, Don, Recruiting Animal, and so many others. I will keep up with you via your blogs and goings-on.

Regina, You are right. It does feel weird. We bloggers are connecting and forming relationships. It's a new kind of relationship.

Though most bloggers I have encountered are truly strangers to me, I have noticed curious signs of community where wisdom is shared; affirmations are given; even caring is sometimes displayed.

Bon voyage, Regina. Have a great time in India. We will watch for your return.

Posted by Terrence Seamon, 1/19/07

Comments

regina said…
Terry, thanks for your wonderfully kind post. I am choked up now too...and to think all of us have never even met face to face. It's a brave new world. Glad to hear about your new gig via Linked In...Talk soon....I'll be back!

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Skills vs Hard Skills?

Does This Make Any Sense to You?

The Way to Build a Better Company