Media Consumption

Nimmy got tagged by Patrick (who was tagged by Dave and so on) to disclose her media consumption habits. Well, no one tagged me (can you tag yourself?), but I want to play.

Books - I have always been one of those people who reads too many books all at the same time...and ends up finishing only a few. Currently I have several going at once on the topic of consulting.

Print - Every day, I read the local paper, The Home News Tribune, and the best newspaper in New Jersey, the Star Ledger. As for magazines, I read Time magazine faithfully, as well as Rolling Stone.

Web - Every day I also get news from the web, including Google News, as well as The Daily Grail, Cryptomundo, The Anomalist, Fortean Times, and Posthuman Blues. I use Bloglines to keep up with such favorite topics as organizational change, learning, and effectiveness.

Radio - NPR is probably my favorite, though I do enjoy talk radio which is plentiful in the NY market. The food guy, Mike Colameco, on WOR is very good.

TV - My TV tastes are very specific. For entertainment, I watch 24 and House. For news, I watch Hardball.

Film - This is probably the media area of my greatest passion: I love movies. Always have. I rent movies via netflix and keep up with the latest in movies via IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes.

To keep the sharing going, I hereby tag the following: Astha Parmar, Mike Schaffner, Greg Deatz, Lisa Haneberg, and Phil Gerbyshak.

Added Note 3/8/07: Gautam got tagged by Nimmy and, in reading his post, he says "trust KM people to want to know how people keep themselves informed, heh, right?" Good point. Though I wonder, in this day and age, if there are many people who are not "KM people."

Posted by Terrence Seamon, 3/7/07

Comments

Nimmy said…
:) Terry! This is so cute! :D
I would like to tag you now! What say? Ha ha.
The next tag I get will by default come to you...whether you like that meme or not! ;)
Nimmy
Gautam Ghosh said…
I wish more people were "KM people", Terry, then we would have much better knowledge sharing and understanding others points of view :-)
Terrence said…
Hi Nimmy,
Glad you liked the tag. Feel free to tag me anytime.
Best,
Terry
Terrence said…
Hi GG,
I agree! Here's to spreading the KM virus.
Regards,
Terry

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Skills vs Hard Skills?

Does This Make Any Sense to You?

The Way to Build a Better Company