Give Your Employees an "A"

Orchestra conductor and leadership speaker Ben Zander asks, What would happen if you started by giving everyone an "A"?

Zander advances this idea in a great talk given at Davos about changing our world through leadership. A kind of leadership that is about possibilities. About abundance. About learning from mistakes. About childlike wonder. About openness.

Thanks to Jo for tipping me off about this video on Youtube. Commenting on one of Scott McArthur's posts, Jo writes: "I think we could rewrite . . . much of HR around the idea of "let's begin by giving everyone an A"."

I'd extend her comment and say, I think we could rewrite much of Management too. What would happen if Managers started by giving their employees an "A"?

Posted by Terrence Seamon, April 13, 2008

Comments

Chris Morgan said…
I don't think it is so much about giving your an employees an A but more about thinking they each have the potential to achieve an A.

It is just a matter of finding the right motivation, environment, support and training....but it's a two way street between the employee and the organisation!
Terrence Seamon said…
Hi Chris. As a fellow L & D enthusiast, I welcome you to my blog. Please stop by again!
Terry

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Skills vs Hard Skills?

Does This Make Any Sense to You?

The Way to Build a Better Company