The Talent Question

There is a good article* about the use of talent in the creative process at Pixar in the latest Harvard Business Review.

Clearly, Pixar needs creative technology talent to produce such wondrous cartoons as Toy Story, The Incredibles, and Wall-e.

But it seems to me, since all organizations hire talent, that all organizations, creative and non-creative, should be paying attention to talent utilization and development as well. Whatever your organizational mission, it's your talent (i.e., your people) who deliver on the promise.

The question becomes: What do organizations do with that talent once it comes through the door? Do they squash it? Or do they unleash it?

*(My thanks to Jordan for blogging about this article. And my thanks, to my colleague Susan, for letting me borrow her HBR so I could read it.)

Posted by Terrence Seamon, September 3, 2008

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Skills vs Hard Skills?

Does This Make Any Sense to You?

The Way to Build a Better Company