The Transitionist

I just updated my status on Plaxo and Facebook: "I am having my morning cup of java and pondering the opportunities ahead."

Yesterday we had a downsizing. Today we expect it to continue.

A couple years ago, I came across the term "transitionist:" one who is "adept at transitions and more precisely, skilled at managing change."

As a transitionist, I expect change. I accept change. I see change as opportunity.

And when change happens, I ride it.

I don't know what today will bring, but I am ready.

Posted by Terrence Seamon, October 22, 2008

Comments

Jim Kaupanger said…
Mr Seamon,

I like the word 'transitionist', and I like your definition. I had just given thought to starting to call myself one, and decided to see if the term is already out there...and there you were.

By the way, I'm a facilitator (CPF) as well. I'm on the West Coast (Sacramento).

Thanks,
Jim Kaupanger
Mergeronomist, facilitator, transitionist
Terrence,

Thanks for the link in your post. Sorry to hear about your situation. Good luck with your on-going transition!

-- Michael VanDervort
http://humanracehorses.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Skills vs Hard Skills?

Does This Make Any Sense to You?

The Way to Build a Better Company