Aloha Facilitation

Aloha, in the Hawaiian language, means affection, love, peace, compassion, and mercy.

Yesterday, while developing my plan to facilitate a meeting at my church, I came up with this, ALOHA facilitation:

A = Ask questions

L = Listen to all voices

O = Observe the group energy

H = Help discern the path

A = Activate next steps

This was both my way of facilitating, and my suggested way for the participants to actively play their part in the meeting.

It worked beautifully.

Posted by Terrence Seamon, November 19, 2008

Comments

Anonymous said…
Having observed Terry facilitate several groups from senior executives to high school students - he really is quite an accomplished facilitator.

Susan Zeidman
Portfolio Manager
American Management Association

Popular posts from this blog

Does This Make Any Sense to You?

Soft Skills vs Hard Skills?

Customer Service with HEART