The Downturn and the Holidays

For many people, this is a very special time of year. It always has been so for me. And even having been downsized a month ago, I still eagerly anticipate Thanksgiving Day, Christmas, and New Year's.

Articles have appeared in the past weeks about the fate of holiday office parties. Some are being cut back to a more modest scale; some are being cut out all together.

I sent an email to several of my former colleagues who were downsized with me, suggesting we throw our own holiday party.

Times are tough now due to the economy. Yes, gas prices have dropped (Hurrah!), but who can afford to go anywhere?

So, the choice is yours. I will choose to enjoy the holidays and do whatever I can to spread good cheer.

What are you doing to keep your spirits up? The spirits of others?

Posted by Terrence Seamon, November 26, 2008

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Skills vs Hard Skills?

Does This Make Any Sense to You?

The Way to Build a Better Company