"The Universe Likes Specifics"

A couple weeks ago, I came across the idea that "the universe likes specifics." I hadn't heard it before. I googled it to find its origin, but no luck.

It came up in the context of an email exchange on the ODNet listserv, where OD consultant John Scherer was giving some advice about job hunting to another member.

Here's John's advice:

~ "What would be the phone call that would make your heart sing? Who (or what kind of person) would be calling, and what would be the invitation? Remember, when putting in your order to the universe, the more specific the better."

Seems a bit spooky, no?

Well, as one who believes in the power of prayer and being intentional about aspirations, I thought I would give it a try. So I prayed that a certain individual from a certain university would get in touch with me about a job opportunity.

The next day, I heard from that person. I kid you not.

Unfortunately it was not a job offer.

But the day after, I heard from another person from another university who invited me to see him about a possible job opportunity.

Hmmm. The coincidence of the prayer and the events that followed, has made me pause and wonder about this idea of "putting in a specific order to the universe."

I will be trying it again.

Posted by Terrence Seamon, February 27, 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Skills vs Hard Skills?

Does This Make Any Sense to You?

Customer Service with HEART