Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanks and Giving


One way to appreciate a word that you've seen and used all your life is to view it in a new way.

My pastor Fr. Doug recently did that for me when he took the word Thanksgiving and broke it into pieces: Thanks and Giving.

When I saw that at church a few weeks ago, "the scales fell from my eyes," and I was able to re-appreciate the actions embedded in the idea of thanksgiving, namely:

~ that we should be thankful, and express thanks to those who have done something for us, and

~ that we should give abundantly, like there's no tomorrow, give of our time, our treasure, and most importantly our talents

On this day of Thanks and Giving, I'm sending a message of gratitude and appreciation for all the angels (you know who you are!) who have been so supportive this year!

Posted by Terrence Seamon, Nov 26, 2009

No comments: