Thanks and Giving


One way to appreciate a word that you've seen and used all your life is to view it in a new way.

My pastor Fr. Doug did that for me a couple years ago when he took the word Thanksgiving and broke it into pieces: Thanks and Giving.

When he said that, "the scales fell from my eyes," and I was able to re-appreciate the actions embedded in the idea of thanksgiving, namely:

~ that we should be thankful, and express thanks to those who have done something for us, and

~ that we should give abundantly, like there's no tomorrow: give of our time, our treasure, and most importantly our talents

As the day of Thanks and Giving approaches this week, I'm sending a message of gratitude and appreciation for all the angels (you know who you are!) who have been so supportive this year!

Posted by Terrence Seamon on Saturday November 19, 2011

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soft Skills vs Hard Skills?

Does This Make Any Sense to You?

The Way to Build a Better Company